- Q: I have a question about effects like Old Keyring, which have lasting effects "for" a skill test rather than "during" a skill test. Are other abilities that resolve during this skill test affected by Old Keyring's change to the shroud, or does it only affect the skill test itself? For a specific example: If I investigate a shroud 2 location using Old Keyring, and during the test I use Lola Santiago's ability, do I need to pay 2 resources or 0 resources? Similarly if I play Crack the Case during this investigation, do the investigators get 2 resources, or 0 resources? A: To answer your question(s):
- Yes, Old Keyring would give -2 shroud to the location for the duration of the investigation test; any abilities triggered during the test would be affected by this -2 shroud.
- If you used Lola Santiago’s ability during the player windows of the test, the X on Lola would be 0 in your example.
- Since clues are gained during Step 7 of an investigation skill test, Crack the Case would still be affected by the modified shroud value, and the X on it would be 0 in your example.
Многоразовая (2 ключа). Если на «Старой связке ключей» не осталось ключей, сбросьте её.
: Исследование. У вашей локации −2 к неясности в этом исследовании. При успехе удалите со «Старой связки ключей» 1 ключ.
A reprinted Flashlight? What gives FFG? Well.... Not quite!
First off, an Old Keyring only spends charges on successful tests. A Flashlight is best used to automatically beat low difficulty locations, a great way for low- characters to get clues in any difficulty, especially with low player counts. However the risk of failure when you turn a Flashlight at a high-shroud location is great and often not worth it, an all-too familiar issue for a 3- character trying to tackle a 4-shroud location.
Old Keyring shares the Flashlight's ability to beat a low shroud location, but the fact that charges are only spent on successes means that you can MUCH more fearlessly blast a 3-5 shroud location with repeated investigate checks until you eventually hit all the clues, Old Keyring basicly reads "+2 until you've discovered 2 clues", a rather terrific ability.
Finally, this card self-discards right after success. Self discarding means that cards like Resourceful can recover the Old Keyring, more importantly, Old Keyring + Scavenging are a natural combo! It's actually ridiculous if you consider the upgraded Scavenging, investigate a location, finish the Key, immediately replay it! This is now one of the go-to combos for clue strategies.
I need to wait so long until Stella Clark released. So I afraid someone would discovered this synergy first.
- Use this Old Keyring and upgrade the Lola Santiago
- Trigger Old Keyring to investigate with -2 shroud
- Trigger Lola Santiago to get clue and pay her -2 resource from above
- You would always failed investigation so the Old Keyring never ran out
Infinity and cheaper efficient Flashlight !