Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|19 xp Ashcan and the odd chance of meeting your dealer in...||1||2||0||1.0|
chirubime · 17736
"What are the odds of meeting you here of all places, Kirby?" - Ashcan Pete.
This deck is a general departure from the type of decks I typically like to post. This one is a fun, viable
Ashcan Duke build that revolves around repeatedly encountering your ace informant, Jeremiah Kirby. Hope y'all enjoy, back to regular formatting in the next one!
- Call Odd. Every card is odd except for Cornered, Jeremiah Kirby, and your weaknesses.
- Recur Kirby with A Chance Encounter and Calling in Favors.
- It's good that Kirby is even and everything else is odd, that way you keep the 2nd copy of Kirby in your deck to be played by Calling in Favors.
- Payoff for card draw is usually funneled into Ashcan's ability and Cornered. Otherwise the events / assets are played for value.
Miss Doyle & Tri-Cats
- Play Calling in Favors on Hope, Zeal or Augur to find an ally such as Kirby in your deck. Then, play that cat back out fast.
- Automatically succeeding your investigation with Augur triggers Scavenging for Ice Picks.
- Automatic successes for fights and investigations (Augur and Zeal) are good targets for Ice Pick to stack guaranteed damage or clue compression.
- Manage Dark Horse by manipulating your resources.
- Fast assets that consume resources: Ice Pick, Magnifying Glass, Hope, Zeal, Augur.
- Fast events that consume resources: Alter Fate, A Test of Will, Fight or Flight.
- Events that consume resources before you need to perform skill tests during your turn: Winging It, Calling in Favors, A Chance Encounter.
- Lone Wolf - Gives you resources when you need extras to play a card or to keep Dark Horse online during Mythos Phase.
- Gregory Gry - Gives burst resources. Helps sustain Fire Axe. Resolve the extra damage from Fire Axe, then gain the resources from Gry.
- Prophetic - Play your events while you have 0 resources. Boost A Test of Will.
- Here are some odd-costed cards you can try in this sort of deck.
- Call for Backup - Once the deck is set up, you have all 5 classes covered.
- Sled Dog - They come out really fast being an odd resource cost and because you use Calling in Favors often.
- The Fool • 0 - Ashcan can ready this card to get the cost reduction twice a round. Helps with Dark Horse and Sled Dog builds.
- Crafty - Helps pay for the Ice Picks. Should consider playing other tools that Crafty can boost like Mariner's Compass, Old Keyring, Lantern.
- Dream-Enhancing Serum - Helps keep your cards in hand since you overdraw with Kirby a lot.
- Crystallizer of Dreams - It converts your events into skills. But you need to be able to deal with Guardian.